Twitter / TrendBible

About Me


Joanna Feeley, Trend Bible

Joanna Feeley, Trend Bible

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Did someone say competition?

As part of the If We Can You Can Challenge, I've been asked to capture the ups and downs of the competition in this blog, and generally give you an idea of the day-to-day drama of running your own business. There's never a dull moment at Trend Bible so I'm sure I'll have plenty to report.

It's pretty exciting getting to the final of the competition, I must admit I had developed a very stubborn anti-competition stance over the past year, having spent hours filling out 15 page application forms only to be told I hadn't succeeded. So I got my head down and concentrated on building my business, getting new clients and making plans for the future, thinking that I'd just know when the time was right to start applying for competitions again. It wasn't until I had a meeting with a communications agency who suggested I enter the competition, that it even crossed my mind. When I say 'crossed my mind' I think my exact words were 'I don't do competitions.' I did say I was stubborn.

Anyway that planted the seed, and I began to wonder if maybe I was in the right place to enter a competition. It's been a tough old couple of years making it through a recession, having a baby (note to self; own business + recession + maternity leave = gigantic headache) and trying to grow a business, so to come out on the other side of that and be doing well seemed like a good time to start spreading the word.

So here I am in the final of the competition, enjoying every minute of it. I'm planning to use this blog not only to share the process of the competition with you, but also to hopefully share some trend forecasting tips that can benefit any entrepreneur in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment